When the Policy mentions “Preston Auto, Truck Machinery,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the “Preston Auto.”
2. Information We Collect
There are three categories of information we collect.
2.1. Information You Give Us
- Account Information
- Your email address and password
- Profile Information
- Your name, gender, country, date of birth and phone number
- Picture of you
- Payment Information
- Your bank account information
- information relating to your use of reward points coupons, cashbacks
2.2. Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Preston Auto
When you use our website, interact with any content or advertising related to such services, or validate any cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers and other related technologies (collectively, the “Cookie Technologies”) that we employ, we automatically collect certain information about you and the device you are using.
Such information may include:
- OS information of a user device
- URLs viewed and time stamp of time viewed
- IP address
- Geo-location information
- Information regarding the products you have searched
- Text posted on our site
- Any other information on server log
2.3. Information We Collect from Third Parties
- We may collect your information that Third Parties (the “Others”) or publicly available sources disclose in order to provide, improve and develop Our site, provide our Advertising and Marketing or keep you and us safe.
- Besides necessary for the these purpose of providing you with the Service in question or for another legally permissible reason, during your use of the Services, we do not intentionally collect or use information of yours except for fraud detection, credit, illegal activity information.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
We process the collected information about you for the following purposes.
3.1. Provide, Improve, and Develop the Services
- Enable you to access and use the Services including login, vehicle search and purchase, and auction functionality
- Enable you to access and use the payment functionality
- Provide customer service
- Respond to customer inquiries including complaints
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates and account notifications
- Improve the Service by our development team
3.2. Provide our Advertising and Marketing
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that you may be interested in based on information about you only if you give us a consent
- Improve and conduct marketing and promotional activities including referral program.
3.3. Keep You and Us Safe
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Verify information provided by you
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with the Others.
3.4. Disclose information about you to the trusted Others
Additionally, we may disclose information about you to the trusted Others that provide us with Marketing automation services and Business efficiency services, including those located outside of japan, where necessary to carry out our business operations.
Further, We may retain information about you for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described above. In order to comply with our obligations under applicable law, collect fees owed, resolve disputes, enforce our legal rights, and to undertake any investigations necessitated by the foregoing, some of your information may be retained in our systems even after your account becomes closed.
4. Your Choices
You may review, update, or delete information about you in your Preston auto website account (“your account’) by accessing your profile page.
If you wish to obtain the disclosure or correction of your information we collect or termination of the processing of your information, contact us as ‘8. Contact’ indicates down below. However, depending on the circumstances around your information, we may not be able to accept your request.
5. Special Provision for European residents.
The special provisions for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are intending to supplement the main body of the Policy so please be aware of the contents before you read and understand the below.
5.1. Legal basis for Use and retention period of your information
In relation to Sections 2(“Information we collect”) and 3 (“How We Use The Information We Collect”), we always have the legitimate reason, legal basis, for each processing activity and in most cases, the basis on which we rely will be one of the followings:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the Services, which includes services for you to arrange a commercial transaction;
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of your identity to enable us to meet our anti-money laundering obligations; and
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use the Services and to improve them and to provide tailored marketing messages to you via certain channels. Our legitimate interests to process your personal information consist of our missions and desires to provide you with a unique and personalized experience when you interact with the Services through your account.
- Additionally, we may ask you to give us your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information, for example, when we would like to send you e-mail marketing messages and process Sensitive Information. If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, we will ensure that you may withdraw your consent at any time.
5.2. Recipients of Your Information
We may share your personal information, in accordance with the Sections 2 (“Information we collect”) and 3(“How We Use The Information We Collect”), with the Others under the following circumstances:
- Merchants, service providers and business partners;
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators and government authorities; and Asset purchasers.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the Services).
5.3. Your Choices and Rights
In relation to Sections 4 (“Your Choices”) you may be granted the additional rights under the GDPR, including the followings:
- The right to erase your personal information;
- The right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- The right to object to our use of your personal information; and
- The right to receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please visit your my page or contact us via the method described in Section 8 (“Contact”). However, please note that your rights of privacy or personal data will not be absolute rights so we may not be responsible for accepting your requests when the law permits us not to do so.
We take necessary and appropriate measures for the security control of information about you including preventing the leakage, loss or damage.